The 2015 Intergenerational Report: Australia in 2055 (the Report) will be released at 12.00pm (AEDT) on Thursday, 5 March 2015.
From 10.00am the Report and other embargoed material will be available to approved members of the media in a secure lock‑up area in Parliament House, Canberra. At 12.15pm the Treasurer will officially launch the Report at a press conference near the Parliament House lock-up area.
Media organisations are now invited to apply to the Treasury for access to the lock‑up. Enquiries and applications, including the names and positions of employees seeking access, should be sent to email@example.com by 5.00pm on Monday, 2 March 2015.
Space in the lock-up is extremely limited, so media organisations should restrict their applications to essential employees only.
Attendees are asked to observe the following security conditions:
- Embargoed information including the Report and any related material may not be broadcast, published or made publicly available in any way until 12.00pm.
- Attendees may not make contact with anyone outside the lock-up area prior to 12.00pm.
- Laptops and tablets can be taken into the lock-up. Electronic versions of the Report will be made available on USB sticks for media during the lock-up. The lock-up area will be monitored for unauthorised transmissions.
- Once the lock-up begins at 10am, attendees may not leave the lock-up area until 12.00pm, except in the case of emergency.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the lock-up area and attendees will not be permitted into smoking areas during the lock-up.